Would you care if your SO/DH rarely ever went out w/ his friends, but when he did it's always to the bars in his old city??

my SO literally sees his friends once every 4-6mths b/c of his job...except in the summer (he's a teacher). he still doesn't go out much though. he used to live in a busy city and now we live 30min away in the suburbs. all his friends are still out there and refuse to come out here...so when he DOES go out, it's to the city where they do bars and stuff. most of his friends are married and i just find it odd that men his age (esp in relationships) can only socialize at a bar.

anyway, so tonight's one of those nights he's going out. i trust him, he's NEVER done anything to make me not-- but somehow i still get paranoid about him being in that environment, with a bunch of single women running around, etc. women have hit on him right in front of me before, it's ridiculous- so i can only imagine what happens when i'm not there.

ugh, obviously i'm paranoid- i understand. but would you care at all? or better yet, how do i keep myself distracted??? dd goes to bed at 8, so i'll have like 4hrs alone and all my friends are busy :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Relationships

• Hi,
    My b.f. partner of 4 years goes out with his friends and I love the "me" time. Do something special for yourself, nails, bubblebath, read a great book or watch guilty pleasure chick flick. Plus some of the old "haunts" aren't nice enough for me to hang out in with or without him. Have fun next time he goes out with the boys!!
    oneelle

Answer by oneelle at 5:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• nope, wouldn't care a bit. i go see my friends at my old haunts when i'm back in town.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I wouldn't care as long as he didn't drink and drive. I would want him to stay with one of his friends for the night and come home the next morning.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would never go out to socialize with my friends in the suburbs either. I make them come to my city. Then we walk to the neighborhood pub. I don't see the big deal at all. If you can't trust your husband, then don't be married to him.
    Ataemommy

Answer by Ataemommy at 7:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would think they should be able to do something other than just hang out in bars but then I married a computer geek who would rather get together with the guys and do gaming things or watch movies
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 7:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• It would bother ME, but if you TRUST him, and he doesnt go out all the time, then i wouldnt stress toooo bad about it. But I feel ya, luckily my husband HATES the bar scene, and has a friend up the road with a pool table, so they just go to his house, have a few beers and play pool. Hey, there is a thought, buy a pool table and a mini fridge and maybe his friends would be willing to hang at your place or something.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011