Hot juice...just saw this on tv, going to do it tomorrow!

I'm watching the news, and they said if you're wanting to fight a cold, hot juice works! i didn't know that. my son is acting sick,i don't know what it is, but now i'm planning on giving him some warm juice tomorrow. i certainly hope it works. anyone know about this?

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Health

• I would think that heating juice would destroy most of the vitamin C. I'd think that hot tea would be a better choice. But then I didn't see the program or why they recommend hot juice. Let us know how it works, if you would. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• they just said heating up juice would work. i don't think they mean to do it all the time, just if you're fighting a cold. but i will definitely post up here and let you know if it works or not.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I have seen hot lemon juice recommended. Usually with honey for soothing and coughs.

Answer by Bmat at 10:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Thanks. I'd love to find something that helped a cold, especially a cough. :)

Answer by Bmat at 10:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We must have been watching the same channel! lol I just saw that too.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 11:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think I heard it also. I still believe that washing hands is the best way to stay healthy. Some of the colds can also start out as allergies. I am now healthy going on 3 years, no colds, no asthma. There is a trick to it that many of us know!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 11:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No cold and no asthma for 3 years straight...sign me up! I get the stomach flu every year and I'm doing my best to avoid it this year.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My great grandmother would give me warm juice or 1/3 cup warm black cherry jello (before you refrigerate it) when I was sick to sooth my sore throat and provide a protective coating. Also the juice or jello would put something easy to digest in my stomach to get my strength up. Good stuff!
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 4:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Warm juice...not hot...will help and wont kill vitimans. Our pulmonologist recomends warm apple juice to help with coughing...cold liquids and icecream make coughs worse.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Just wanted to let you know, i did this and he's not sick anymore. he was feeling better the next day after i started giving it to him.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2008