Would you steal from your adult child living with you?

just read in one of the groups im in, that her boyfriends dad stole $120 from him to fix a car window when the money was obviously placed into a baby shaped jar-or piggy bank if you wanna call it that-to let everyone in the house know that it was for the future baby going to be born -the money stolen was for a crib-and after messaging the girl it was also being saved up for the deposit on an apartment

even though he's living with his parents (and she with hers) and trying to get on his feet...would you steal that much money from your child to fix something you should be paying for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Hell No!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• no..i wouldn't steal anyone's money.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I am not a thief.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• LOL! My kids always come over to my house to "borrow" things. So, as I get older and start to lose my sanity, I just might be "borrowing" from their house. Don't laugh... I am looking forward to this.. Payback is FUN!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No my kids have lived with me as adults and if anything I have asked they help me pay bills, but never taken it. In fact right now my son needs money to get his car on the road Id never steal his money.

Answer by gemgem at 7:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• my parents did that too me. when I moved out I warned my younger brother not to put their name on his checking but he didn't listen to me. And they did it to him. They felt a sense of entitlement that is and was wrong. But knowing my brother he would do the same thing to his son. Me, no WAY! I would never take money from my child unless I asked first and it was just a loan. Like the other day when we were at a garage sale and all I had was a 20 so I borrowed $3 from my 8yr old. Paid him back 10min latter after breaking that 20 at a gas station

Anonymous

• No, if they want rent, they can ask him to start paying rent but he can't just take the money that's stealing. My landlord can chose to increase the rent when it comes time to renew my lease but he can't come into my apartment and steal the money.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No way!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:45 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No maybe borrow depending on situation but not steal
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Absolutely not!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 9:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011