Ever tell your kid NOT to do something, then you do it..and suffer?

i just fixed a pizza for dinner, and told him to wait, because it was very hot! he said, ''why?"
i said, ''..because it will burn the roof of your mouth and it will hurt very much!''

so why did i stuff a piece into my mouth..and burn the roof of my mouth?? it hurts very much!!
the upside is, i'll have a blister to 'play' with in about 15 minutes. *stupidstupidstupid!*

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 8:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think all of us have told our kids not to do/say something, and we've turned around and said/done it!

I can't think of an example right now, but these stories are making me smile :D (Long, bad week...)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I do it all the time, i say dont, and they caught me doing what i told them not to do.
    ladyb155

Answer by ladyb155 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yep, DS got in trouble for wearing his shoes in the house ONCE (we are a no shoes house), and if I have mine on even for a second, I hear, "NO SHOES IN THE HOUSE MOMMY!!!" Yep, you caught me kid.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I got in trouble with my DD after explaining to her that sh*t was a bad word. I then turned around a dropped something and guess what came out of my mouth?! The word I told my daughter not to say! (I normally do not cuss around my girls) she then looks at me and told me to go sit in timeout! Lol. I did just to prove the point, but man was I kicking myself the whole time.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011