• In the Spotlight:

Has your child flown alone on an airplane? At what age?

Did it go smoothly? Was it a direct flight? Was it during the holidays?
*nervous mama.

KnoxvilleDoula

Asked by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:53 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in General Parenting

• He was 8 and he flew direct from Cleveland Ohio...we lived in Ottawa Lake MI at the time..close to Toledo, to Raleigh Durham and was met by my SIL who was Army at the time near Langley Air Force Base VA. An attendant sat with him and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. I was a nervous wreck but it went smooth as glass.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:15 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i highly recommend geting a personal dvd player, my kid was the only one without one and had a grapmy man in front of him who yelled at me and said i was a bad mom!!! the rest of the plane went off on him because i cried!! it was awful!! pedis also say you can give them tylenol, benidrillor just bring it to make them more relaxed/tired to be good,,, do what you ahve to, get a dvd player, nicer than drugging them!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:56 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oh I think you misunderstood, she is flying alone... and is way too old to need to be drugged. =)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 5:44 PM on Dec. 11, 2008