Tummy time and rolling over....

My son is 6 mos old now and he's rolled over both ways a few times. He started around 4 1/2mos, but now when we put him on his tummy he just screams and crys after a little while. Is it normal that he just doesnt' want roll over anymore? Has anyone else had this problem?

LKY678

Asked by LKY678 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I, personally did not or have no experienced this, but a friend of mine did. Her daughter would get so upset if she put her on her tummy, mainly because it was hard for her to get back to her back.
    I think at that age they are curious to do other things and tummy time is a old activity.
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Sometimes they get frustrated. I'd keep him on his tummy for short amounts of time several times during the day rather than a couple times a day for long amounts. My son is 3 months but he will cry after being on his tummy because he can't figure out how to get back on his back. He's better at rolling from back to tummy. I roll him over and then he's fine.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 10, 2008