How long did it take for your child to say mommy?? My son is 15 months only likes to say dadada : (

FRANCINE818

Asked by FRANCINE818 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mama at what 5months.
    they are 17 months with a voc. of 25+ words
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• he does say other words well it sounds like words lol but doesn't say mommy yet
    FRANCINE818

Answer by FRANCINE818 at 11:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My son is all about dada, and doesn't really say mama. I know he can, he has before, but it's a very rare occurence. He's 19 months.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 11:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My daughter called me by my name, except the beginning with a K, until she was three. Reason why, she spent all her wake hours with grandma. Grandma didn't stop her from calling her "mommy".
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was "dada" for the longest time. I don't remember when she finally called me "mama" but it was after 15 months, probably closer to 18 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• mine is one and hasn't said it yet. but if you think about it why do they have to say mom we are the one that is there all the time and taking care of them they don't have to say mom
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:52 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My daughter called me "Ma" until she was 3. I felt like an old lady, lol
    She had a lot to say, but she shortened everything for the longest time. My sister has always been called "Nik Nik" by the kids in our family (her name is Nikki) and I am "KoKo" (my name is Korrie)
    When Maggie started talking she called my sister "Nik" my mother "Na" (Nana) and my dad "Scoot" (Scooter.) My grandmother "Maw" (Maw Maw) Just about the only person she would call by full name was MiMi and Daddy....She started calling me "Ma" at 7 months.
    KoKoStar82

Answer by KoKoStar82 at 3:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008