OK ladies, I need dinner ideas...

I am NOT a cook. I hate cooking. So whatever it is, it needs to be simple.

I have a daughter with a lot of allergies, so if it has garlic in it (I think that's about the only thing I can't substitute), and it won't taste right w/o it, please don't bother. Most everything else I think I can sub.

And please don't tell me to go look at websites. I epic fail at websites :/ I want stuff (other than spaghetti or goolash) that is simple and easy to make, and my kids will enjoy. So I'm looking for stuff you've made that is QUICK to make.

Also, I do have a crock pot. (And yes, stuff I can just throw in the crock pot and cook for 8 hours I consider quick/easy, LOL.)

Oh, and here's a list of her allergies:

Shellfish
Milk
Tree Nuts
Beef
Asparagus
Broccoli
Green Pepper
Cantaloupe
Grapefruit
Lemon
Dill
Garlic
Ginger
Paprika

Thank you in advance. The recipe that is easiest to make and kids love it will get top pick.

hopeandglory53

Asked by hopeandglory53 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Chicken in the crockpot with pineapple with a few spices thrown in. Very yummy. Chicken broth and water together, makes it very moist.

Chili obviously with subsitutions for what she cant have, but also great and easy to throw together. And it will taste the same because chilli is a wicked dish that you can make your own.

Pigs in a blanket and french fries, pillsbury dough (forgive my spelling), little dogs...boom there ya go. I know you dont want to hear look at websites, but thats where i got alot of things i make, such as 3 items or less, or simple dishes etc.
    Hope some of this helps.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 8:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• pot pie. make a white sauce LINK (dairy free), have the kids add the veggies of their choice to the casserole dish (pre cook them) and tear apart a rotisserie chicken add to the dish- top with a pie crust bake at 350 until the crust isbrowned.  Kdis picked nad added the veggies so they can't complain!  :0)

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Ritz chicken - Place 2 eggs in a bowl and beat them, place 1 cup crushed ritz crackers in a bowl. Season 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts with black pepper, dip chicken in eggs, then cracker crumbs. Put in a lightly greased (or sprayed) 2 qt baking dish. Drizzle with 1 stick melted butter (I have cut back on this some and it still comes out good). Bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken is done. Easy!

Answer by missanc at 8:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Buy real "red chili peppers" and throw those in your chili instead of chili powder.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I've been wanting to make chili, but I can't find any chili powder w/o garlic in it, and I was very curious as to how to substitute making the chili powder.
    hopeandglory53

Comment by hopeandglory53 (original poster) at 8:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'm a good cook but I'm not a good recipe writer(especially considering all the allergies),.....
    There is a great Crock Pot Group on CM...that might be perfect for you.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 12:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2011