Is it sooo wrong if your daughter's name could be a boy name??

I'm 5 moths pregnant and found out a couple weeks ago that I'm having a girl. Me and the father don't agree on much but we agreed on the name Kennedy. We absolutely love it but have been getting so many negative reviews on it. I understand it could be a boy's name or even a last name but we think its cute... The grandparents hate it and so do friends. They say it's not pretty enough lol. We have a few other options but I'm just like OMG, their are so many gorgeous girls that have boy names!!

Ricoandari

Asked by Ricoandari at 8:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Baby Names

• i like it, i know a girl named that... i love boy names, i named my girl taylor
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I know two Kennedy's and both are girls.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The name is wonderful and it is a perfect girls name. I think she will wear that name proud and make it her own as she grows. Who cares if others dont like it, you BOTH are the parents..not the friends or the family members and I would tell you if that name just did not work, but it does. Im jealous you thought of it first :) Congrats on the girl!
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 8:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I only know one Kennedy and she is a girl. Name her what you want-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I don't think so. I like a lot of "boy" names for girls, including Kennedy. I also like Evan, Ryan, Cameron (Camryn), etc for girls.
    Anonymous

• As a first name, I've heard Kennedy used only as a girls name. My daughter's middle name is Hudson, which is a last name from the family, but then that's a Southern tradition.

Answer by missanc at 8:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Hey my DD name is Quinn Cameron... Totally a prominently boy name... We love it so it doesn't matter :0P'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I love the name Kennedy!
    momma_twins7317

Answer by momma_twins7317 at 8:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I think Kennedy is a pretty common girls name. I would name the baby what YOU want, that is your right as a parent.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My cousins name is Kennedy. It suits her and I think it is a very pretty name. When it all comes down to it, it truly is whether you and you husband like it :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2011