When did your baby start waving?

My son just turned 6 months old and is progressing wonderfully. He's crawling, holding himself up while standing without help, etc.

He grins, laughs, leans towards people he likes, but he doesn't wave or reach out to be picked up.

I know 12 month olds that still don't say mama and 9 month olds that still don't crawl, so I know there's a wide range.

Waving is just something people don't talk about as much as talking and crawling, etc. so I was wondering what the most common age range is for beginning to wave.

Blue_Spiral

Asked by Blue_Spiral at 8:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it was around 8 months. After she learned to do it, she would wave to anybody and everybody who would wave back! We would be sitting in a restaurant and she'd just start waving to see who would do it back.

Answer by missanc at 8:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Aww, that's so cute!
    Blue_Spiral

Comment by Blue_Spiral (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Around 8 1/2 months :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My son is 9 months old and just now trying to wave!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:07 PM on Jun. 9, 2011