Vomit smell in carpet

Can anybody give me tips on getting a 2-yr-old's vomit out of carpet, or just the smell? I cleaned it up and tried washing the spots with soapy water, but am about to lose it myself from the smell (I'm pregnant). Uhhh, I want my dh to just rip the carpet out so I don't have to deal with puke in carpet ever again:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• A deep carpet cleaner and good rug scrubber is your best bet. Not to mention smelly candles that you love and disinfectant, things like that. Ripping the carpet up is a bit extreme lol but I understand your frustration. Scrub scrub scrub with a carpet cleaner, like a green machine that gets down deep, do it a few times and use those candles :) And avoid it until it goes away lol
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 9:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Try shout or some other spray on stain remover for clothes, I learned it works great and it doesn't ruin the carpet. Just spray it on, rub it in and then wipe it with a wet rag. You might want to spot check an out of the place spot first just in case but it works great on everything, use it on my couch too. It takes the smell and the stain out! Good luck!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 9:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Simple solution, you buy it at the pet store. But it works for all "organic" stains and such. Just follow the directions on the bottle, it's cheap.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We use baking soda to make sure it is dried up from underneath then the shout or pet stain remover. With two kids we have had plenty of spot removal techniques tried over the years so far- this usually works fast. And use candles or febreeze for your sensitive preggo nose. I feel your pain good luck
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I use a carpet cleaner like shout or resolve, spray, clean with soap and water, allow to dry, then sprinkle some baking soda or other carpet deodorizer and vacuum.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:03 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Use this odor eliminator to get rid of the smell:

Pure Ayre Odor Eliminator

RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 10:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011