How do you camp?

I love camping! Since I was a little girl, we would go out into the woods search out a good place to camp right by the river. There were always lots of family and friends with us. Tents, shooting, drinking for the adults (My parents let me drink while camping when I turned 17 or 18ish),snipe hunting, lots of swimming, adventures, scary campfire stories etc. I LOVE camping, it has been such a huge part of my life and I have so many awesome memories :) So, how does your family camp? Or do you?

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 9:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Travel

• Are there really "SNIPES" ??.... "tarrar"....you're funny!!! I had forgotten all about my snipe hunting experience at about 8 years old. LOL,...I was so serious. I was going to do so good at this "snipe" hunting. Hahaha.....and the mastering the not pee'ing on yourself and your clothes. You get some kind of an award for that! It's hard to do in the dark with no flashlight, LOL.....
    One of the sweetest things in life( to me, well almost--besides my babies).....is laying on a blanket with Hubby under a blanket of stars and listening to the SILENCE together.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• how do we camp? we rough-it, in a hotel with clean bathrooms, a couple of comfy beds and fluffy pillows, preferably a sofa or couple of chairs, and room service. oh, and a pool.
    :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Growing up, every summer we would go to South Carlsbad state beach or Leo Carillo in Malibu, CA and camp. Carlsbad was the one we went to most of the time and it was right on a bluff overlooking the ocean. Every day was spend down at the beach and in the evenings we'd cook food over the fire or camp stove....bonfires with smores and lots of card games! In the mornings we took walks to collect sea shells. I miss those days! I live in IL now and I miss it SO MUCH. We plan on moving back after my DH is done with school and that will be the first camping trip i'll take!
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 9:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Since I live in FL, camping season is anytime BUT the summer! June, July, and August are just out of control... I cannot take the heat! But the rest of the year is pretty great and we totally rough it in a tent with sleeping bags, cook on a fire, but I have got to have a bathroom and a shower, so I love our state parks, it's the best of both worlds.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Sounds like happy memories but I camp at The Four Seasons on vacation. I just can't do the bugs and clammy feeling at night and smelling like smoke. But I hear ya. My sister loves to camp.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i love camping but my dh doesnt so we have only been 1 time :(
    esmith1984

Answer by esmith1984 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We camp in a 5th wheel travel trailer, but with no satellite dish or television (most of the time). We do alot of sitting outside nature watching, napping, and reading. We sleep late, take walks, and just generally do whatever we want when we want. We love nature, but like being able to sleep in our own bed in air conditioning.
    Firewife151

Answer by Firewife151 at 9:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We have a hybrid travel trailer and enjoy taking it everywhere. When we go camping, we typically have a destination activity in mind, like a museum, historical site or county fair. We also enjoy cooking over the fire, sitting around & relaxing in the evening w/a drink, walking the campgrounds and meeting other families. The best times are when we go camping with other families that we know and all get together to relax & socialize.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• In a hotel with A/C a hair dryer and room service LOL needless to say I dont camp!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We are "tent" folks. No home on wheels for us, LOL. We LOVE the great outdoors (with toilet paper, of course)!! We load up our boat with all the tents, inflatable mattresses ( we're too old for the ground now), mosquito repellant, sunblock,...ice chests, tons of drinks, especially Gatorjuice, for dehydration, hot dogs, hamburgers and all the fixins', and don't forget the fishing poles, tackle boxes, folding chairs, floating chairs, life vests, fishing licenses and bait!!! We hook up and get to our favorite lake, Somerville Lake, Somerville,TX. We take the boat across this rather large lake to a small island that no one ever camps on and it's all ours! For 2-3 days we have our own private little island of about 40 whole acres of part beach, part rocks hanging over the water and the other side is pure nature, deer trails, wildflowers with 100's of butterflies, and the woods have a really cool "canopy". Love it!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 10:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011