My 14 month old dd is driving me bonkers

she screams everytime someone leaves a room and if she doesn' get her way she screams and she always cries when you put her in the crib for nap or bed time.. Oh and whenever my 5 years old dd trys loving on her she throws a huge fit and hits and screams . What's going on with her ?!?!?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Talk to your pediatrician. Are there any other unusual things you notice. Does she tense up when touched or cuddled? Sounds like she may have separation anxiety, but sometimes kids with mild autism are very irritable and scream when touched.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 9:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No she loves to be cuddled and kissed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• could just be a stage... We still can't get our son to sleep in his own bed but he'll sleep on the couch...he'll be 2 in July...
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 9:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• That;s funny my 14 month old acts the same way she is always cry unless I'm holding her or she don't need anything.Try adding a 3 year old DD that is hard to deal with also. I know my DD is also teething.Sorry I can't help Just know how your feeling

jdwilson864

Answer by jdwilson864 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• She will sleep in her crib by herself but not without a fight
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• How long does she sleep? How is her appetite? She could be tired and hungry. Little ones are growing at such a fast pace that sometimes normal eating and sleeping habits just don't cut it for some periods of time. Is this behavior all of a sudden, or is it an ongoing thing? It definitely sounds like separation anxiety is part of it, but I think there's more to it. If not the sleeping and diet, then maybe she has insecurities along with the anxiety. Did a life situation change at home? New pet or living arrangements? Talk to the pediatrician if you still can't figure it out.
    Knowlsonator

Answer by Knowlsonator at 9:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• She goes to sleep no later than 9 and wakes up at 8, 8:30 am and goes to work with me and we come home at 12 and she sleeps from then till 3:30, 4 . No changes at home but she's been acting like this for like 2 or 3 weeks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I normally put my youngest to sleep first before laying her down so I don't have to worry about the fuss.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:12 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Sounds like we should start a group! My son acts the exact same way!
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 10:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• my son acts the same way. he doesn't do it as much now as he use to but he still does it once in a while.
    Kat1990

Answer by Kat1990 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2011