The diet of those on "Extreme Couponing"

Does anyone else watch this show and get horrified by the crap these people eat? Yogurt with candy, Cheetos, ramen, etc. It's no wonder we have an obesity epidemic, and all the heart disease and high blood pressure we have in this country!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 9:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I know! My husband mentioned today that I should start extreme couponing and I was like "Er, I WOULD if I got coupons for apples and brown rice instead of canned soup and candy."

Gross!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Most of it is given to charities, its hard to catch because your distracted by what they are doing, but I've overheard many times that its given away, and famiy/friends can come shop in their little store they have to help out, all in moderation. i doubt they eat it all at once and everyone has the right to splurge and buying in bulk doesnt mean they are scarfing it all down at once. :) I dont judge how they look because I wouldnt want someone to judge me, but to each their own.
    I still am amazed at how much they can save...jeeeeze!
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 9:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I know! We watch it sometimes, and its like...really people? Do you need 25 cases of pepsi and 100 hotdogs? YUCK!!! I think its stupid.. ANd wouldnt half of that food go bad if not used right away?
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Usually when people stockpile, they are rotating the food out. I went to a class to learn how to coupon and some only buy enough food to last until the next time those foods go on sale.
    I think they like to highlight the foods that these people get for dirt cheap or free to exaggerate how you are saving money when doing it.
    To each their own. How do you know that these people aren't giving food away to food pantry's and family/friends?
    I don't think you can compare it to the obesity epidemic, because you could eat 5 of those yogurts and it would equal one hamburger from mcdonalds. The minority of the minority are the ones doing "extreme couponing".....
    Anonymous

• Most of what you find coupons on it boxed, processed bad for you foods. Even if they are not eating all of that themselves and donating some it they are still eating it. Until they put out coupons for fruits and veggies then a lot of these people are not eating healthy. It is obviously their choice but I don't care how cheap something is I want my little ones to eat healthier than that.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• i say to each there own and i just enjoy watching the show and not judging others .......just because i dont want to eat doesnt mean they dont like it.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You CAN get coupons for FRESH fruits and veggies. I just used one last week that allowed me to get FREE salad and lettuce and I have one that I'm going to use soon that will give me reduce price on FRESH pineapple (I'll be able to get it for 30 cent a pineapple when I go to the store). Both of FRESH produce coupons were printed from coupon.com. Different zip codes get different coupons via coupon.com so I follow forums sites like weusecoupons.com to find out about the coupons for fresh produce. A person will post a link or will tell you what zip code to enter to find the coupons. So they are there!! The creator of weusecoupons.com has been featured on Extreme Couponers and he has said he donates the items to his local food bank. Also he runs frugaltv and has interview many of the people featured on the show and they all share how MOST of what they buy is given to the local food banks.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• LMBO.....I'm sorry, that just sounded so funny...laughingYogurt with CANDY....sounds like Dannon with a Butterfinger bar or M&M's dumped in it.

I haven't watched this show ,but have been wanting to after hearing all the 'hooplah' over it on this site. LOL, now I'll be taking notice of what all they have to eat because they bought 40 boxes of it......LOL......that just strikes my funnybone. Hahaha, yogurt with CANDY....I gotta tell my Hubby that one.

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Maybe I've been on here too long....anyway, Thanks, I needed to laugh!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 9:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yeah, the limited times I've seen parts of that show, I don't see how they can be eating very healthy.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2011