POOP (TMI)

Mu daughter will not poop for the life of her...she is 5 1/2 months old and is screaming for 2 1/2 hours to go to the bathroom. How do I help her? I tried prune juice and apple juice. She trys to push it out but the only amount that come out is just enought to cover the anus hole. Please help me my baby is in alot of pain... Thank in advance

MadeylnsMom

Asked by MadeylnsMom at 11:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't know what else to do other than juices and baby crunches to help her. hold her back against your chest and rock her that way. maybe some water even might help. don't feed any cereal or anything like that until she passes it or it might make it worse. DEFINITELY ask her pediatrician if you can't help her.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• How many days has it been since her last movement?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• since sunday
    MadeylnsMom

Answer by MadeylnsMom at 11:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Have you tried pear juice? It's much more gentle than apple juice and tastes better than prune juice. Aplle juice has a lot of acid in it and can cause diaper rash and irritation. If she is on baby food, give her a jar of pears too.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• This is going to sound way gross but it workds. People centeries ago did it and grandparents tell it now. Take a cotton swab and dip it in vaseline and lay your baby on your lap tummy down. She'll scream and cry still but stick the swab in as deep as you would like to take her temperature. which is not deep at all. You have to be super careful but about an hour later she should poop.
    Anonymous

• i heard that if you play with their legs like they are running it helps to move things along, maybe you can make a game out of it or something. idunno if it workes though. good luck
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 11:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Take her temperature rectally. I had to do rectal stimulation on my son all the time when a formula we had him on kept him constipated. Do some sort of rectal stimulation at every diaper change until she has a BW on her own. Also, I would talk to the pedi about trying a different formula. Some of the formulas have too much iron in them and it causes babies to get constipated.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Try the juice. I wouldn't suggest the cotton swab or sticking anything in that area...could do damage to her rectum. Call her Dr.
    KoKoStar82

Answer by KoKoStar82 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008