I just had a baby May 27,2011. I had unprotected sex about 9 days after my baby was born. Could I be pregnant? Are there any early signs? Please Help

My husband pressured me into having sex so early after childbirth. I was foolish for allowing him to and Im regretting it now.

cutie2720

Asked by cutie2720 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• probably not, but why would you do that it can hurt you whether you know it or not!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 9:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• you are most fertile right after you have a baby. i would assume the signs are the same as with any pregnancy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Only thing you can do is wait and take a test. I am assuming that its pretty unlikely to get pregnant so soon after giving birth because you have not begun ovulating yet...but you never know! Good luck!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 9:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Maybe I'm stupid but I thought you are supposed to wait at least 4 weeks before having sex after having a baby.. Risk of infection or something like that..

Of and to answer your question, yes you can get pregnant very quickly after having a baby..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• How soon after can I take a pregnancy test?
    cutie2720

Comment by cutie2720 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• actually its easiest to get pregnant righ after having a baby due to everything become a cleared out to such an extent. hopefully your not simply because it is soo hard on our bodies to get pregnant right after having a baby. our bodies need time for our uterus to shrink back down and the blood we lose to be built back up. i would suggest being more careful next time if your not and until you find out if you are. but ultimatley it is your desicion.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 10:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• do you know you are still wide open. you can cause damage and infection, everything is swirling around in there. now you go get yourself a panty girdle and put it on for support. OMG
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 10:02 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I knew a girl who got pregnant one week after having her baby so it could totally happen.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:14 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My biggest concern here is that you allowed your DH to pressure you into having sex. Don't ever let a man do that. You put yourself at risk of infection, which could lead to PID (Pelvic Inflammatory Disease), which in turn could lead to infertility and even a hysterectomy. No man should EVER pressure a woman into have sex. You are a woman, not his sex slave or whore.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You can take a test 2 weeks after the day you had sex - that's about the soonest you'd be able to get a positive. I personally would keep testing every week after that for a few weeks - cheap tests! There's a very good chance you could have gotten pregnant already. If you get negatives a few weeks in a row, and keep your hubby from you in that way, talk to your doc about b/c, or use condoms.
    Anonymous