Who does bed sharing?

and how many months are your little one(s) and for how long do you plan on doing it? mine is nine months and i plan on doing that for awhile till like hes ready to sleep on his own.                         

sleepinglotus

Asked by sleepinglotus at 10:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine is almost 15 months. I don't know when I'll let him sleep on his own. I like him close to me
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 10:16 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'm loving having my daughter snuggled up beside me. She's 2.5, still co-sleeping and has since birth. My lil boy did until he was about 3.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I dont see why I should get the thumbs down, I think its each ot their own on this matter, I am not putting down anyone who chooses to co-sleep, it just wasnt something we wanted to do, I dont think its safe and I didnt have a problem getting out of bed to feed my child which I had to do often cause she was preemie and feeding often, why cant people respect others ways of doing things. She loves her own room and slept through from 3mths and I still sleeps 12 hrs at almost 4, I think this is because she had a routine of being in her own bed and we never had any drama of trying to get her out of our bed at 3 years old cause she was always in her own space.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I didnt, my daughter was in her own room in her crib as soon as she came home from the hospital.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I've been co-sleeping...my son is almost 2 weeks old...I've been doing it mainly because it's easier to breastfeed that way but I don't think I'll be doing it for long...I'm kind of trying to get him to sleep in his bassinett already...my husband is a plus-sized guy and I don't want anything to happen when he's home (he works at night and only gets one night off) since he wont be used to sleeping with the baby in the bed.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 10:17 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We did from birth...but we had a co-sleeper too. I instinctively placed my month old child ON my chest (while I lay on my back) to sleep and KNEW he was safe. I was SO in touch with him that I would wake up at the pin drop...and it just felt right. I later found out that many of my friends did the SAME thing intuitively without even thinking about it...worrying that it might not be "safe" but that it just felt right and WAS safe! I mean, we got ALL puffy blankets away etc...like common sense would dictate, but that was how we slept for at least a few months...then I would roll him to the side, then he would go into the co-sleeper. At 8 months, we started napping him in his crib and then by 1 year he would start his bed time IN the crib in his room and end up with us.
    MY DS is now 3 years old and we bedshare for the last portion of the night (1am-7am at most) if he wakes up.
    I love it and it came naturally.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 10:38 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• me too. when he wakes up in the morning hes all smiley. hes so cute
    sleepinglotus

Comment by sleepinglotus (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Mine did until they were about 2.

I would like to add, that there is a big difference between co-sleeping and bed sharing. Co sleeping is classified as child sleeping in the same room.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:19 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We do a bed side cosleeper and then right around 3 months they move into their crib. I can't sleep at all while they are in the same room with me. I do love the cuddles in the morning when they wake up but I just bring them into bed then.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:31 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• dont worry "princess 21" i do not have the power to give you thumbs down for i am not at level 11 but if i did i wouldnt cause its your opinion not mine. i feel like you were getting defensive, sorry if someone else put you down for this i know cause people have done it to me and it sucks
    sleepinglotus

Comment by sleepinglotus (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011