Accidentally give my son medicine twice!!!!

I am not sure but I think I give my son his antibiotic twice this evening :-/

He's suppose to take it twice a day. I usually give it to him right before bed but I think I gave it to him earier tonight and then at the normal time at 9pm.

Will this hurt him if I did? I'm so scared!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• i wouldn't be able to tell you everything will be ok since im not a doctor and i don't even know what the antibiotic is, so all i can say is google it until you can make the phone call!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If the pharmacy is open call them. If not, call 800-222-1222 poison control

Answer by Bmat at 10:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No, I've done it, it won't hurt him! I've had doctors tell me when my kids got an antibiotic to double dose it right from the beginning. He will be fine! If it makes you feel better call the hospital to make sure.

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I've done this before with antibiotics. He should be fine but call the on-call doctor just in case.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I have googled it and can't find my answer :-/ but thanks for your answers (: oh and its CEPHALEXIN generic for KEFLEX.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would also call the doc or pharmacy, just in case BUT I would assume if anything, it might cause diarrhea or a tummy ache, but that's about it.

Anonymous