Pain after sex @ 18 weeks adult content

I am 18 weeks pregnant and I have really bad cramping after sex and my stomach gets really hard and uncomfortable. No spotting or bleeding. It goes away after about 20 minutes. I don't remember this with my first baby. I was wondering if it could mean there is a problem or if it is hurting the baby.

Tiewaz

Asked by Tiewaz at 10:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I doubt it is hurting the baby.. Your cervix could have changed shape since your last baby, sex could be too rough, he could be going in too deep, the position is just wrong for you now or you could be having orgasms that are causing the uterus to contract also... It really could be anything.. Remember each pregnancy is different so what you felt last time around may be completely different this time..

Have you tried different positions, him going slower etc.If you have and things still hurt, I would talk with your OB..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I had this problem with my 2nd daughter. I would have contractions after sex and my whole stomach would cramp so bad. Lie on your left side after drinking a glass or two of water. That always helped me. Good luck!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011