Would you be scared to testify?

Last year my husband and I were robbed at gun point getting out of our car right in front of our house...and we live in a NICE neighborhood. Luckily they didn't get much (most expensive thing they got was the food we were bringing home lol!) but anyway they ended up catching him and we went to court and testified but he ended up getting off. However, we got supoenaed today to testify in court again because he was arrested again on another felony charge. If we testify this time and he's convicted he will go to prison for life because it will be his 3rd strike. Would you be scared to send a man to prison for life? Yes he probably deserves it but I have a son now and for goodness sake the man knows where we live! Would you be scared to testify?

BTW...I didn't know what other category to post this in!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• WOW thats hard I would talk to my church and family and get advice I hope all works out for you

Anonymous

• I wouldn't be scared...It's not like he could do anything lol
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I might be a little scared...get an alarm system and a dog. You really should go to court and testify though. He deserves to be punished.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:11 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Yes, but I think I would still testify. My husband and I testified in an ugly situation with a neighbor years ago, and there was some retaliation - our house was ransacked and his family hounded us for awhile. I truly feared for my life. But in the end I am glad we did it.
    Anonymous

• Well if you testify and put him away, hopefully you won't have anything to worry about. If you're that worried, you can always move. I know easier said than done and why should anyone have to uproot their lives because of fear? It's not fair. I hope you can decide what is best for you and your family and the outcome is a positive one. Good luck.
    jeni2671

Answer by jeni2671 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i would be scared to do it but at the same time if this is his 3rd strike and he gets off he's going to do it to someone else and maybe even go further than he did with you. I'm pretty sure this time he'd go to jail!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'd be scared, sure, but I'd be more scared of what might happen if he got off again. He might go do something else, something worse. What if he kills someone next time? Then, you'll get yourself all caught up in thoughts of "that could have been me". Get him sent to prison, he can never touch you again. If you're afraid he'll send someone else after you, as someone else suggested, get a dog, an alarm system, move.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Nope, I would squeal like a stuck pig! Send him up the river girl...this thug needs to be off the streets...he is too stupid to learn the first two times. What if he gets off again and kills somebody? What if the somebody he kills is you or a loved one?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• This guy is relying on you to remain fearful, just like he did when he had you at gun point. If you don't testify, then you victimize yourselves.
    Ophy

Answer by Ophy at 4:36 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I turned in my own boyfriend to the FEDs but I do think about what would happen if he got out.
    k.alexander

Answer by k.alexander at 7:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2008