How did THAT happen?? lol

Today was my newborn son's first Dr's appt. and while me, DH and the kids were in the car I looked in the backseat and thought...OMG! I have 2 kids! How the hell did that happen???LOL...for some reason the thought just kind of ambushed me...I have TWO children! I guess I've been so used to it just being the 3 of us that...I don't know...everything is just weird for me today lol....maybe because it's the first time that I've left the house with both my daughter and my son, and like getting them both into the car, getting them both ready to go...it became real for me today lol....sometimes lol...I look at my daughter and it hits me all over again that I'm a MOTHER!!! I am responsible for another life! TWO other lives!....has anyone ever experienced this feeling before when you look at your kids? If you even understand what I'm saying since I'm well aware that I'm rambling LOL

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• LOL, yeah, I get those moments too, sometimes. Love it! You feel like the same person you were years ago, and yet suddenly here you are! Ha ha. Sometimes I enjoy remember being a teenager and wondering how many kids I'd have or what my life journey would be like, and comparing it to what has come to pass so far. Mine's certainly been more fun and more interesting than I'd ever imagined! Enjoy your kids and your new "role" as mommy to TWO! :D Congrats on the new one.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:09 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• That's how I felt after my 2nd was born. Congrats again on your 2nd baby!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Oh yeah. I had 3 girls then had a boy - he's 4 now and I still have "holy cow, he's a boy" moments.
    Anonymous

• Haha... I know how you feel I also have a newborn now equaling 3 children total.. I sometimes find my self calling my newborn Marion instead of Lisette.. It's a little crazy I guess that's how it always is when you have a new baby it takes a little while to get use to.. At first when I started reading your post I thought you picked up another child at the doc office..LOL
    LivingGreenM422

Answer by LivingGreenM422 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• You its funny bc i was thinking that coming home from wrk today...Omg I have 3!! Its weird idk why....maybe cause just yesterday i was 16 and chasing boys and now i have 3 little ppl who depends on me and theres no turning back lol but i wouldn't trade it for the world...its just weird lol
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 10:58 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Lol... Congratz!
    MzWhitnei

Answer by MzWhitnei at 11:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• lol thats funny
    mommyof3isme

Answer by mommyof3isme at 11:05 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• @LivingGreen LMAO!!!! Wow! That's all I'm going to say is Wow...lol
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Jun. 9, 2011