We'll be redoing the bathroom floor. . .

in the boys' bathroom. What's the best kind of flooring to get? We don't want vinyl or wood. I'd like to stay within our budget and I would like something that would be easy to clean. What do you have in your bathroom and do you like it?

zboys

Asked by zboys at 11:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Ceramic, porcelain, or marble tile. Durable, easy to clean and maintain, beautiful, tons of styles/colors, and cheap enough when doing a small space like a bathroom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I like porcelain tile for bathrooms. One thing that I'm really glad we did when we remodeled our house was having our grout color sealed. It's different from regular grout sealer and will make it so anything will wipe off. We have white grout that is still completely white, even in the highest traffic areas. It was around $300 to do our kitchen, laundry room, hallway, and two bathrooms, so it's very reasonable to get done per room and should last about 10 years.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• you should get though heated floors. Oh those would feel so nice! I saw a home improvement show and its only like $50 for a size of the thing that heats the floor. I dont know how big it was though.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Blue slate tite in 2 and Travertine tile in the other one. I live in coastal CA, so extreme cold is not an issue.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• We already have a floor heater. I was asking about flooring, not a heater.
    zboys

Comment by zboys (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I have white marble tile in my boys' bathroom. looks great, easy to clean
    RedSoxWife

Answer by RedSoxWife at 3:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would go with a black or other dark tile... I recently seen one will shopping at lowes... looked nice.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 7:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2011