Does anyone have a special needs child?also posted in parenting

Thor's story is on my homepage

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 11:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Health

• My DD was born with two malformations TEF and EA. there is still more to be discovered as we go. . . but at the time of birth that is all we knew was wrong. She has recently been diagnoses with Raynaud Phenomenon and is being tested for MS, SLE, Crest syndrome and more. Her last surgery (number 40+) we found out she has developed at least 2 more conditions. In my opinion she is not special needs. . . just special ;) I know what we have been through is nothing compared to some. . . but . . .she is 8 next month and like I said we still have issues. . . and will always
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 11:22 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Yes my daughter has autism
    KayAnNicksMomma

Answer by KayAnNicksMomma at 12:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My DD is awesome needs. She has Schizencephaly. Basically she only has 40% of her brain. She is only 11 months, so we have yet to see what all she can do, and what she is too good to do :)
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes, all 3 of my kids have sensory issues (2 were developmentally delayed) and my oldest is also on the Autism Spectrum.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Three on the autism spectrum one of which also has adhd.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2011