What is a good decoration for an antique buffet?

my dinning room is antique cheery wood. my window treatment is burgundy/gold,white walls. I am looking for something to make it pop

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 11:11 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Home & Garden

• hmmm, I would get some of those lacey doilies. Try a ceramic red tea pot with gold swirls to go in the center
    RedSoxWife

Answer by RedSoxWife at 3:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I wish decorating was easier. I would keep it antique and with the buffet them maybe shop a flea market and see if you can fine an old tea server (my sister in law found one made of glass ...odd piece but not very common. Or surf ebay or something.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 7:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• A table runner with a few seasonal decorations or fresh flowers.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I have a similar piece. Mine generally as a crystal basket with flowers, or some of my antique teacups. I have some seaonsal runners and doilies I crocheted that I think go well with it. At Christmas we have a Lladro-style (NOT Lladro - I wish!) nativity.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2011