When do i switch my dd to a toddler bed... before or after baby is born

She will be 22 months when the baby is born and the baby will be in DDs old crib when she starts to sleep through the night. i heard that the older child can resent the baby if they feel the baby is taking their bed away. Ever heard of that? advice?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:21 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my oldest I switched her to her toddler bed at 20 months. She was also 22 months when my youngest DD was born. It gave her time to adjust and I didn't have any issues after my youngest was born. I would recommend a baby gate though. She liked to climb out of bed and get into thing in the morning and she was way too quiet about it.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I switched my daughter at 15mths, as she climbed out of the crib! If it would me I would put her into the crib well before baby comes, 22 mths isnt too young and I think it would make it alot easier to ahve her settled, than to have a newborn and trying to transition your 22mth old into a toddler bed, good luck!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• my son is 15 months and we have him in his toddler bed already and he does great in it.
    Kat1990

Answer by Kat1990 at 10:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2011