Strange question... For Atheists...

I'm watching "Ancient Aliens" from the History Channel. And it made me wonder, for those of you who do not believe in a Supernatural God, do you agree with the possibility of "Ancient Aliens" in their place?

For those who haven't seen the show, it's basically the idea that rather than supernatural Gods coming down to earn (as so many ancient cultures myths claim) that it was instead a very physical, very real life Alien "invasion" which early man saw as "Gods" instead... Recent discoveries, such as the possibility that some ancient cultures had electricity or there are plans for an "airplane" in a text from India that dates back to 5000-6000 BC, seem to be reinforcing a more physical answer to "who is God" rather than a super natural one...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I do believe there are other life forms out there. As for BC times and Aliens may have been mistaken as God I never really thought about that. Sounds like a very interesting movie.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• If you have Netflix, they have both the documentary and the following series on there I believe. The series is Instant Watch though... Both are very interesting.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Interesting concept. I will have to watch that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I've heard a few discussions on this, including they may have been behind the pyramids. It's an intriguing topic, but needs more evidence than writings to support it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• No. While I don't discount th possibility of life on other planets I find it a bit more of a stretch to suggest that any such life has visited earth.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Now it's irritating me - what was the movie that was such a big deal a few years back where the aliens come back to reseed a new planet because the sun's about to go gas giant? I know it was one of the regular action star heroes, but I don't remember which one to look it up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I do have netfllix, thanks, I have to check this show out
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• NP, The movie is Knowing with Nicholas Cage. =)

Sabrina, although I'm not an atheist so shouldn't answer, I just wanted to say I watch the series all the time and love it.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 1:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No but it  has more credibility than god.

Wouldn't that make me a Scientologist if I did?  

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No I don't really believe that, although I absolutely believe in the possibility of life on other planets.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2011