NEED some help here....How do I go about getting my placenta released after birth in TEXAS

I am trying to find out how to get my placenta released after I give birth to the baby I am currently pregnant with. I want to do placenta prints this time. I wanted to do them last time but I was unaware that I would have so much trouble getting my placenta!!!

One website I read said that I would need a court order. ANY INFO ON HOW TO GO ABOUT DOING THAT WITHOUT HAVING TO DO ATTORNEYS FEE WOULD BE GREAT!!!!

Any other info you can give me on obtaining my placenta in Texas would be a blessing!

***I am giving birth in a hospital because of a bleeding disorder that makes me not eligiable for the local birthing center.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Also if you do not know, can you give me a bump...I really need this info and I know there are some smart ladies here who can help!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I'll give ya a bump because I have no idea what you're talking about and would really like to find out! LOL
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 11:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• call the hospital and ask what they require to release it.
    What gives them the right to keep a part or YOUR body any ways??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Have you talked to your doctor about it?
    Anonymous

• Well I want to do a placenta print. Here is a link to what I am talking about

http://birthspool.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-make-placenta-print.html

I want to hang it in the babys nursery. The only issue is getting the placenta from the hospital. THANKS for the bump!!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I will be calling the patient advocate at the hospital tomorrow morning. I am just trying to become as prepared as possible for what I am sure will not be an easy task.

Yes I have talked to my doctor. It really is not an issue with her though. It is the hospital who has the policy of not releasing it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Never heard of it. But it sounds a little creepy, if you don't mind me saying so. Ewww.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I TOTALLY AGREE Crafty. I was shocked that this was even as issue in the first place. I assumed it was mine and I would just be able to take it home just like I do my baby...apparently not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Wow! Sorry can't help but here's a bump..
    Fantasystar

Answer by Fantasystar at 11:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• How is it creepy....it is the organ that fed my baby for 9 months. To me it is something beautiful and something not to just be thrown away. Not to mention a placenta print is so beautiful and symbolic. I love it.

Thanks for the EWWW though...very mature.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011