Would you?

My 10 year old daughter and 15 year old son were upstairs playing video games. I went upstairs and noticed they had the door shut. Please do not take this the wrong way because I don't have any suspicions. However, I do think that the door should be open while they are in the same room. Would you require the same thing in your home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in General Parenting

• No, I wouldn't.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:43 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Nope...the thought wouldnt even cross my mind
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I am not trying to be overbearing. It just makes me uncomfortable. I was molested by my oldest brother and I guess I still don't know how to handle things with my kids. It's not that I necessarily don't trust them, I just can never be too lenient considering what happened to me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Well yeah, of course you are going to feel that way. I don't blame you.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I can see where you would be wary but as terrible as what happened to you is, you can't let it rule your life or your childrens....I don't think that them having the door closed is anything you should worry about unless you start seeing signs that something shady is happening
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I would not require that in my home, but knowing your history, I definitely understand why you do require it.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:49 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Thank you for all of your insight! I have been contemplating whether to open the door or not and because of all of you, I will allow it to be closed. Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Ohhhh....I was so confused as to why you would care, but I see. I'm sorry that happened to you :( You have to do what you think is right.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:51 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I suppose I should've included that in the question instead of making myself look like a control freak! Lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• I agree with Luck209..
    Fantasystar

Answer by Fantasystar at 12:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2011