Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you do if you have a neighbor thst parties day and night constantly. Tried cops, and called owner. Did i mention he sells drugs, which worries me about theifing. Any suggestions how to handle this. I have asked him to lower his music and noise. No luck with anything so far. Need suggestions for this problem.

I have asked him nicely if he would lower his music and his company could have some respect with their trash and drug use.

So how can i handle this, so it does not cause any danger to me or my family. How do i explain to my little ones what that awful smell is. I am really aggrevated by this. Any suggestions on how to handle this problem.....Help someone help please...................


Asked by Ellie47 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • I have the same issue at my house.. I have lived in my house since 2004.. we had it built and the neighbor next to me are renters.. loud music drugs excessive traffic that speeds in my neighborhood! etc etc.. I have called the police.. talked to them and their landlord.. nothing resolved so I sent a letter to the editor of the newspaper as well as contacted the chief of police and the major of our town.. haven't had problems since....

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • I would just move.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • i had this problem in an apt. we lived in our neighbor even got violent towards me when i was 7 mo. preg. but all i can say is to constantly call them. cops and owners ANYTIME this happens. i promise they'll get tired of it and he'll either respect people, move out, or go to jail... which by the way sounds like it's time for him to do... lol sorry i'm mean about rude neighbors...

    Answer by watersgirls at 11:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • Keep calling the police. Go up the chain of command.

    Our noisy neighbors didn't have any drugs involved, but they were partying till the wee hours in their backyard, so we kept calling the police. And we also let our dog in the backyard to bark at them. That seemed to discourage them!

    Answer by gdiamante at 11:37 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

  • I agree with the prev posts. I too had the same problem when I lived in an apt. But I kept calling the police and landlord repeatedly. But we ended up getting a house and I didn't renew my lease.

    Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:27 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • OK I looked at your profile and noticed that you live in Cali too........and I can tell you for a fact that when my mom and I had neighbors like this we just repetedly called the cops, and they had to come out, tell them everything that you smell smoke, the music is too loud, whatever else you can think of. I know that in San Bernadino County if they keep coming out after three times they give a ticket to who ever keeps getting complaints, now I am not 100% sure but I think I remember being told that is anywhere in the state. I would call the office during the day to double check though and GL I know how annoying that can be

    Answer by hautemama83 at 3:25 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • My hubby is an apartment manager and we deal with this alot. If you live in an apartment, then its best to call the manager everytime and/or the police. My hubby always gets frustrated when they call and tell him about it the next day or a few days later. He always says to call him right away so he can go talk to them and take care of it immediately. He also encourages tenants to call the cops because sometimes they can be more intimidating than he is.
    Usually if the police or my hubby have to talk to the tenants more than a few times, we send them a letter warning that we will not renew their lease. I think also, after so many times, the police might issue a ticket...but im not positive on that one.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • My friend had this problem. But the noisy neigbors were subsidized housing. THey were out the door in no time. FInd out ...................

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • I would be the biggest pain in the ass the police and the landlord have ever had. If this is an ongoing thing I would keep calling untill it stopped...why the hell should I have to move if I am not the one causing the more assertive woman!

    Answer by salexander at 10:13 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

  • i live in kansas and we called crime stoppers on our neighbor that was like that

    i know we have the KBI here too there are other places to contact that are for the exact reason for drug dealers and such so i'd google up a local crime stoppers number

    Answer by rachael596 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008