Darn dog

ok soo my dog getts car sick every time we take him in the car with us he pukes!!!!!!!!!!! it drives me nuts and we have to take him on a rd trip to michigen which is a 5hr drive any suggestions on how to keep him from pukeing in my car??? we will have our 3yr old dd and our newborn also...plz any think that might help would b amazing

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2011 in Pets

• give him some motion sickness medicine. You can get a good recommendation from your vet. Good luck. all puke sucks
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 11:56 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Talk to your vet. There is anti-nausea medication you can give to people....perhaps there is something you can give to a dog.

Otherwise, if you don't have the room to crate him, I would maybe look into boarding him.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• My dogs vomit too. The vet said to go on little car trips to get them used to the motion of the car. I do that and they do fine. The vet said to gradually increase the ride. When r u going to michigan?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i dont have a vet we take him to the poud for shots and things like that..i knew there are anti nausea meds u can take i just didnt know if he could take them. i guess ill need to call the pound and ask...he wouldnt do very well in borading ..my hubby left him for like a week while he went out of town and he got very depressed and had to b on a very special diet til he got back...Thank you ladies!
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 12:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My dog gets sick too, but I know he gets sick so I make sure he sits on a seat cover, and old towels on the seat and on the floor, and have back ups. He usualyy only gets sick once though, usually exactly at the half way point of wherever we are going.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• They sell medication for this at petco
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:48 AM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Do you feed your dog before you go on a car ride? My pup does this too but I found that if I want at least 2 hours after feeding he doesn't vomit.
    I want him to try to overcome this so I continue to take him the the car.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 3:26 PM on Jun. 18, 2011

• no we dont usually feed him b4 he does out on a car ride but it doesnt matter he jst throws up stomach acid....we found meds for him that he can take for motion sickness
    rachel216

Comment by rachel216 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jun. 18, 2011