If you delete a cm account do all your posts and pictures stay in the groups?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I think for a period of time it does but I had an old account I deleted and I can no longer find any of my old post
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes, unless you go in and delete them first. Your acct name will eventually be purged by the website a month or so after your acct deactivates, so you won't be listed on the member list of it anymore, but whatever you've posted is there forever, and will still show whatever your last profile pic was.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I just searched my old screen name (I deleted that profile a year ago, came back a few months later) and nothing showed up, and I know I didn't delete everything. So yeah, it will eventually be deleted - but I'd still delete as much as possible before going.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It doesn't show up in search, but it's still there. Pick any group you're in that's older than a year, and click the page to go to the last page in the group forum - depending on the group, you should see posts that are years old. Start clicking through names, and the accts of people who haven't been here in years show up as "not a member" if you try to view their profile, but you still see their posts and their profile pic as it was when they left.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:55 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Nothing is deleted by CM unless it breaks TOS or the group itself is deleted or cleaned out by admin. The search feature for this site isn't really reliable in the first place and is designed to look for titles not screen names. Current posts, journals and questions are set for arecent period only. A search for me doesn't show any journals at all but I was on the popular list just last week. It also often has to be set for specific time frames and older posts are often not searchable unless you can link to them directly. However, they are still there. They do that because way back when the data base that tracked older posts kept breaking. If the journals or photos were set to private then those posts would not be searchable because only the member or friends of that member could see them but they are still there.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes, unless you go in and delete them first. Your acct name will eventually be purged by the website a month or so after your acct deactivates, so you won't be listed on the member list of it anymore, but whatever you've posted is there forever, and will still show whatever your last profile pic was
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2011