"Share the Road"

I saw a couple of my friends post this as their status update on Facebook:

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is, Look before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't follow too closely. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you ride or care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please re-post. SHARE THE ROAD!!

Why is it that they point out to only do this for motorcycles? Shouldn't you do that for ALL vehicles on the road?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 12:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Travel

• Agreed!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• haha, yes...yes you should! I think the point though, is that many people give motorcyclists a bad rep bc they are dangerous.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 12:45 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes, but motorcycles should be given extra distance because if they skid or wreck, instead of bumping their bumper, you could just run them completely over. I always give motorcycles a little extra lead way and caution, but am a careful driver anyways.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:46 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• As the wife of someone who drives a motorcycle I appreciate it when people are extra cautious around them!

As well as I belive we should all be courteous drives, I think it's extra important to give cyclists more room.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:07 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2011