Did you have pain meds or go all natural?

Did you have a natural childbirth or use pain meds? If you used meds do you look up to those women who didnt? Did you have any problems with an Epidural, if you had one?

lil_momma_vdv

Asked by lil_momma_vdv at 1:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Epidural! I only went through two contractions before I became a big baby and needed the epidural! It was all over in 6 hours thankfully!
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:19 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• BTW, I wasn't being a hero, I was just afraid to accept meds in case it interfered with the birth or harmed my baby. I know the risks are incredibly tiny but to me in my emotionally hyped state, during labor, any risk was unacceptable.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Natural Births here.
    :-)

I do look up to those who plan & achieve natural births, it's hard work, a lot of preparation, and a rewarding accomplishment!

Are you interested in pain-coping options?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:33 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• no pain meds... well i had the thing in the IV the 1st 2 times and all it did was make me loopy, the pain was still there. with # 3 i got to the hospital just in time to push!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:05 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I had an epidural and it worked wonderfully. No problems at all. Pushed 4 times and he was out.
    kdwiegandt

Answer by kdwiegandt at 1:08 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I had a c-section but if I hadn't, I would definitely have had the pain meds
    cmgIII

Answer by cmgIII at 1:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I had an epidural and thankfully so...my daughter became emergency C-section b/c her head got stuck..I would get one either way :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• no meds, with all 3 boys, besides tylenol with the 2nd didnt work. NATURAL was nice, the tear hurt more. ouch than labor
    proudmomof4boys

Answer by proudmomof4boys at 1:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I had a shot of Nubain with the first baby. It didn't really help. Then with the other two, no pain meds at all.

I do not look down on women that have epidurals. I didn't get it because I was more afraid of the side effects/risks then I was afraid of the pain. But I don't care what other women do.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• two all natural; one emergency c-sec (total anasthetic), two v-bac all natural, and one c-sec with epidural. The all natural were WAY better, overall. My experience with the epi was way scary, as they gave me too much and it numbed my heart muscle and they had to give me some narcotic to keep it beating and then it took ages to wear off. Was awful.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 2:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2011