What was the best vacation you've ever had? (or where)

Was it just a glorious 2 weeks off from work to do whatever you wanted with your time?   or

Was it a fabulous trip for the entire family, someplace fun & exciting?   or

Was it somewhere that just you and your dh or s/o went together that you'll never forget?

Whatever or wherever,.. Please tell us about it? 

Some of us never go anywhere but love to daydream about it.  Won't you help us out?big smile mini

spinning globe

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 1:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Travel

• I reconnected with my favorite cousin via Facebook. Found out she lived in Florida. I flew there alone and we had the most amazing 7 days of fun and catching up! I plan on going again next spring. :) I live in Oregon.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I flew there the 1st week of April, forgot to mention that :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Best holidays I've had in recent years have been with the whole family, but had an awesome Christmas once: spent about 3 weeks on a tiny island in the Pacific, with my DH when we were pregnant with our first baby. We spent days and nights snorkeling the amazing reef there, lazing under the frangipanni trees, exploring the rainforest on the mountain, and cooking "island style" under the guidance of the locals. It was a life-changing type awesome holiday.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 1:34 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Our first and only real family vacation we have had. Last Sep. we went to Guam. Stayes in a great hotel/resort. Had 7 pools, water slides, right on the beach. It was a great change from where we live because we could go to the store and the people spoke our language! No offense to non-English speakers, it is just nice to go to a store and talk to the cashiers and such :) Oh! And they have a K-Mart!!! Not my favorite store or one I go to often, but when you haven't been to a Wal-Mart/Target type store in over a year it is rather nice ;)
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 1:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Went camping for a week on my own a number of years ago, did a researching trip up north, ate when I felt like it, sat when I felt like it and traveled when I felt like it. No one to tell me what I needed to do and when, no work, all my own time to decide what I wanted. Got a lot of rest (which I needed) and a lot of research done as well (for my hobby, genealogy) and a grand time was had by one. It was marvelous. If I wanted to go eat at Burger King, I did, but if wanted to eat higher on the food chain, did that too (and it was delicious at that nice fancy restaurant with freshly baked rolls and a great steak). Had a blast, obviously, since it was over 10 years ago and I remember it all so very well.
    tngrandma

Answer by tngrandma at 2:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Honeymoon in Alaska..........We just rented a car and drove from place to place. No plan, no agenda, pure freedom!
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 7:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I've truly loved every vacation I've ever taken.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Beautiful places =)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• We spent an amazing 10 days in Cabo San Lucas in 2007. Ahhh it was beautiful and relaxing.
    kmqw229

Answer by kmqw229 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2011

• A month-long tour of Europe.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:01 PM on Jun. 13, 2011