If you could change one thing about your DH/SO...what one thing would that be?

I love my husband, no doubt....but if,...

I could possibly change just one thing about him,... I would change:

The way he puts up with things from other people that actually frustrate him very much... because he really can't bear the thought of making that person feel bad. (especially friends, family, co-workers). 

His big heart can actually be burdensome for his own sake. angel mini

I am quite the opposite.  I have to find a way to tell them if something is bothering me and try to nip it in the bud, so to speak..

KellyGirl_TX

Asked by KellyGirl_TX at 2:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I swear your husband and my boyfriend must be related - as mine is the exact same way. He is always doing whatever he can to help others out, giving the shirt off his back to anyone who needs it...the only problem is that he just can't say "no" to anyone. This results in him being overworked, underappreciated and often taken advantage of. Also, when he gets so wrapped up in other people's problems, *I* am usually the one who gets neglected. :( There has been many times where our plans have gotten delayed and/or cancelled because he is helping someone out and it took longer than he expected.

I love him with all of my heart - and his generous, caring nature is just one of the many things I love about him. But I think some moderation is also in order - we've talked about how I feel pushed aside and "not as important" when these things crop up and he has shown some improvement thus far. So maybe there's hope?
    LauraElliott

Answer by LauraElliott at 5:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'd make him better at communicating. Not just with me, but with everyone.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 5:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Common Curtosy but I am also with you on the helping out people thing and he gets roped into way to many things not knowing how to say NO!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would change the fact that every morningg he hacks and coughs and is annoyingly loud for like 20 mins. I alwways tell him that if I ever divorce him this'll be why!

He is an ex-smoker who grew up in a smoke filled house so his lungs are trashed!
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i would change that he was more caring and not on the computer so much and understood how i felt more
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 4:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011