How to improve my relationship?

My Boyfriend and i hae been together for 6 years we have to children. i love him to death but our relationship is going down hill. he has a really bad temper and when he get mad enough he hits me. it didn't use to be this bad i don't know what happend. everything i do makes him angry and for awhile now he has been beating me, I can't really talk to him about anything no more he just get mad and tell me shut or else he will just hit me if i says something that pisses him off. i need help beucase right now i don't know what to do

holleigh

Asked by holleigh at 2:39 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Either he seeks treatment, or u need to leave him before he really loses his temper and kills u
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Quit making excuses for him. He is already a sorry excuse for a man for even hitting a woman. U are going down a dead end road. It WILL NOT get better. If u can't leave because of yourself, do it for your kids. Do u want to your daughter to grow uo and get with a man that beats her? Cause she seen u get hit and so she thinks that the way things are? Do u have a son? Do u want your want your son to grow up and start abusing women? Cause he saw his dad do it and getting away with it? You really need to get out while u still can. There are places u can go that will protect u. Find one.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I went threw the same thing:( sadly to say it! So I feel where your coming from. Got to the point where I left the house & didn't come back untill he got help & promised meh he would change or he'll lose it all. He took classes n he inproved. Now everything is good now. Its up to the person if they really want to change. If he dosent then leave him before it gets worse! You don't need that in your life its unhealthy!good luck!
    nickkiie23

Answer by nickkiie23 at 3:04 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Grab your children while he is at work. Pack a weeks worth of clothes for each of you. Take a padlock if you have one. If not, buy one. Look online or in the phonebook. Find the nearest battered womens shelter. Drive there immediately. They will help you with everything.
    I was beaten too. Leaving him was the best thing I ever did for myself. It took me' catching him in bed with another woman to leave. He used to call me' 'broken'. He told me he didn't want a broken wife. He was right, I was broken. He had made me' that way. Get out now, honey! Please, I beg you! You are lovable. You are worthwhile. You are beautiful. And you can be strong. You can make it without him. You can make it better without him! All of this and more I promise you if you leave him.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:44 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I want toleave him but i am scared. we are in a new state we have been living here since the begging of this year, i don't have any family here, i don't have any transportation, he took my phone becuase i was talking to one of my firnds his does not like and he will not give it back and i babysit his brothers kids so there is no way can just take off and lae with them with me and even if i didn't have them i am still scared to leave him
    holleigh

Comment by holleigh (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Do u babysit thiose kids all the time? U can call a woman's shelter and they will come and pick u up and bring ther police if necessary. Thee have been a few times when I accompanied a few women from our local shelter to pick up an abused woman from home and her kids. If her hubby was home, he didn;t do anything cause we had gunbs and big men and 9x out of 10 they lefty her alone cause they didn't want to go to jail for a few days.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011