So i have a 5 week old son and i have been noticing these little red bumps all over his face he wasnt born with them and they have gotten worse

and they started with a little bit of bumps that he was born with on his forehead and his cheeks and now to the back of his neck i want to know if its normal; like pediatrition says or if its something serious or if we need to re wash everything in the dreft or is it something else PLEASE HELP

mommy2be22321

Asked by mommy2be22321 at 6:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My Dd got these. She was born in April and the month of may was very hot 80-90 degrees everyday and they don't have AC in a lot of places in England where I live. The doctor said it was most likely a heat rash or baby acne. It lasted about a month and then went away.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 6:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• thank you i hope its just a little rash and that it will go away
    mommy2be22321

Comment by mommy2be22321 (original poster) at 6:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It's most likely baby acne and will go away on its own.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It could be heat rash, an allergy to detergents, or most likely baby acne. My dd got a horrible rash on her face at that age but they called it dermatitis and prescribed a topical steriod cream we mixed with aveeno lotion and it cleared up very fast. If you suspect allergies then all free & clear, aveeno baby products, and aquaphor can really help.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 7:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Cetaphil helped clear baby acne up for both of my kids. Congrats
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2011