What kind of music should i play for my baby ?

mommy2be22321

Asked by mommy2be22321 at 6:21 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on the age but classical is great and usually soothing, and Raffi is fun at a year or older.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My DS1 used to be delighted by the country music. LOL His favorites were Evans, McBride, Keith, and others that I don't remember their names. DH is good with names.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Everything! Play up beat music to play by, play dance music and dance together, play classical when it's time to calm down, Jazz can be calming as well. Don't hold back. You can start an appreciation for all kinds of music starting now!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My Son Loved the Baby Einstein CD's of classical & lullabye music.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Anything u like! Ur baby would probably like something soft and gentle! My son LOVES "Somewhere over the rainbow" by: IZ
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Hi there,

My husband and I have decided to play Bach, Mozart, and hymns. I love the idea that my baby will be able to recognize music that we played while he was in the womb! Lindsey EDD 11/03Music is sometimes part of therapy for premature babies because research links listening to music to improved weight gain, click here for some more songs. One study found that 34-week-old babies given pacifiers that activated recordings of lullabies had shorter hospital stays.
    meghanreese

Answer by meghanreese at 10:11 AM on May. 6, 2013