Has anyone ever bought a house before....

I am just stress now that we are approaching the closing on our house.... now that we are so close I am getting buried with a lot of unexpected payments and insurance fees that are just wiping us out.... it is like lions going in for the kill. Will there be anything left when we are done?

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 7:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yep, been there done that a couple times over! There's the Termite inspection, The Title Search, The stamps, Appraisal,closing costs, Home inspection etc... Hopefully your nearing the end soon! Just think though, once it's all said and done , you'll have a house to call your own! Congrats!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I remember getting into our first place nearing 4 years ago. It was not only a stress getting the old place packed up but all the running around and extra costs were killer. Wait until you do the actual signing...your hand will be sore. You might be jumping through hoops and everyone is getting money off you but having your own home is worth it. Hope it all goes smoothly. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 7:26 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I questioned every single fee they included at closing. It didn't change anything but I let them know some of those were nothing more than money makers that the fee served absolutely no purpose but to put money in someones pocket. My biggest complaint with my first house years and years ago was the fee for a flood zone inspection. The house at the time was 90 years old and in the history of that neighborhood which was 100's and 100's of years old there had never ever ever not one time ever been a flood. And yet every single person every single they bought and sold a house people paid for that flood zone inspection. THEFT-pure and simple.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:32 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Meooma.... sounds like you bought my house! The unexpected flood insurance is expected to be another $1100 plus each year and not only has it not flooded they act as if the entire two story house is going to be wiped out in the hills and mountains of VT. I told them that they where putting the screws to me or was it boots.... killing us with this fee and even if for some odd reason we did get a small flood they would not pay for a 100% loss... no way, I'd see pigs flying first. Waste of money that could go to giving this old house a nice facelift since it is still dated.
    Mommy_Aiken

Comment by Mommy_Aiken (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You might get back a few dollars after the close of escrow and it all settles out.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2011