Has anyone ever bought a house before.... part 2

Has anyone who bought a house before ever do or give anything to the seller.... i.e. a note or letter or flowers.... I know they get paid but they are also been very giving to most everything I asked for in my case! If so what?

Mommy_Aiken

Asked by Mommy_Aiken at 7:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I mean if they are going above and beyond for you...then sure a nice lil card...but thats where I would draw the line, I mean you are paying them and its buisness, BUT again, above and beyond deserves a little hand written card.
    Congrats!
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 7:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I've never done that. I figured they are making money, but in this economy that could very well not be the case. I think its sounds like a very sweet and kind thing to do.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:35 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• They are making a profit either way thanks to you. No need to go beyond that.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 7:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I get a strong felling that the widow that is selling this house is taking a loss and know that she is moving into a income based housing for seniors... I believe that when she lost her husband that the house became to much work for her and extremely lonely... it is a seven bedroom house and shows signs (small ones) that work is being overlooked. Everyone else involved is differently making out on the deal but I don't believe she is and thats why I want so do a small ty.
    Mommy_Aiken

Comment by Mommy_Aiken (original poster) at 7:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• There's never a reason not to be kind. Send her a note wishing her well.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• The seller is making a commission. But a nice card or letter on how happy you were with their services is something they can post on their office bulletin board to show other prospective clients. Nothing wrong with that!

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 11:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• That's very nice of you, but wait till you live in the house first. You might find something that's unexpected and regret being so nice.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2011