GRRR.

I have a large family, and we are all pretty close ( we all have atleast one big dinner at grandmas a week) ... one of my aunts I was actually very close to... but now I have distanced mysefl away from, but i still have "drama" from her... and it bugs me so much, but obviously since i still want to be around the rest of the family, it is not like I can actually aviod her...

She recently figured out how to use facebook, and now I have to deal with little comments that are kind of embarrassing from her all the time...

I hardly ever make posts on there anymore ( i basically just talk to old friends or other family) ... but if I happen to say anything about cleaning she will say something like " oh please, you clean?, lmao" ... now there has been several occasions when she has been to my house and it has been messed up with toys ... but I live in a tiny tiny house with 2 kids and I also babysit 2 toddlers... it is hard to not have toys on the floor... but as for cleaning, the house is actually clean -- no dirty dishes, the vaccuuming is done, etc.... I get annoyed because I am sure people now think I live in a pig sty because she has made that comment so many times... ( she also does this in person, in front of other people as well, and I know she tells other people that my house is a tornado) ---- This comes from the woman that my mom says whens he moved from her last house ( when i was younger) , they actually ( literally) used a snow shovel to pick up the dried dog poop from her floor ( she had a house full of boxer dogs) ...

There is also the comments about me "sleeping till noon" ... If I do get on FB in the morning she will pop up or leave a wall post saying " OMG, why are you up, it isnt noon yet" ... sometimes I even have people ask me if its true or they will say something like " where is your kids while you sleep till noon" ... That bugs me soo much....and she will do it in person too, if someone says something about me getting to do something ( like my other family was going to do an all day shopping trip, well aunt mentioned that i couldnt go because I wouldnt get out of bed soon enough" - little things like that..... Well the fact is, me and my kids would stay up late because my husband worked 2nd shift and wouldnt get home until midnight, this way we could actually see him and spend some time with him ... we then wouldnt wake up the next day until about 10 am... that was our sleep schedule - I have never stayed in bed while my kids were up... and now my babysitting schedule changed ( the mom used to work second too) and so now I get up before 6am to babysit, and she constantly says I am lying that I actually get out of bed......... this is a person who will fall asleep while you are talking to her...

Not to mention the kids that I babysit for are her grandsons, so she is CONSTANTLY butting in over that... She would always talk about how they wouldnt listen, how they tear things up etc, well I got to a point of where i wasnt sure I was going to continue babysitting and all of a sudden if you would ask her they were the sweetest, most well behaved boys you have ever met and she " has no idea why i wouldnt love to keep watching them" ... of course this is the woman who complains if she has to watch them for 30 minutes!

I HAVE to be around her, I HAVE to put up with her, but I just cant handle it anymore... I mean it is ALOT less than before ( i see her alot less) ... but still she is there and is always htere ( and i dont really want her out of my life... just less vocal about what she thinks of it) ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Defriend her, delete her. You are not required to have every family person and friend you've ever known in our life on your facebook page. So what if she get offended, why would you care about that. It's FACEBOOK...YOU CONTROL THAT CRAP!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You really need to talk to her and I have had issues with family members, BLOCK them from your facebook or you can make it so she cant make comments on anything you post, its in the settings area, you will find it. That makes it alot easier.Then she can read it and cant say anything. Thats rude. And talking to her about it, one on one for real is the best thing to do. Lay all your cards on the table because this negative energy is taking up alot of space in your head and heart. You dont need that.
    Good Luck!
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 7:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• But everything she says on Facebook, she says in person too... it isnt just as simple and blocking her on there....

i also forgot to mention she lives 3 houses down....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Well I would first remove her from my FB, then if she asks why you removed her take that opportunity and express to her how you feel about the things she says that bothers you, also if she says things in front of other people then you say "And this is why I took her off my FB because of her embarrassing & so not true comments". I'm sure she'll really get the point & I'm sure she'll step up to you to talk & then you express how you feel. GL hun =)

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Block her from your facebook. If anyone in your family says anything about it just say... I have decided to focus on the positive and I'm cutting all negativity from my life. If they literally had to use a shovel ...(shiver) eww! Your family knows she is a problem. Set those boundaries and let everyone know you are doing it for yourself. Don't make it about her. Don't point that finger. Just be proactive in your own life.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Thanks vanilla I think i will try that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 AM on Jun. 10, 2011