Be careful what you wish for ....

A friend/co-worker, who is recently in remission from cancer, has a 20-something dau, bright, educated - but also very naive. She joined E-Harmony, & someone she met online, has been trying to lure her to Texas to join some cult! My friend is beside herself as you can imagine! I guess this is just fair warning to any of you who know someone like this. It's hard, but we have to try to protect them from psychos like this. I just dont understand how someone so bright could fall for something like this?! Your thoughts/suggestions?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I would look into one of those programs that does interventions for cults. I have seen or read about them? The other thing she can do is try and get this persons info and run a criminal background on them and maybe show the dd if there is anything on there. Is there also anyway she can set her up on a date with a normal person> Maybe that would fix it?

Answer by gemgem at 7:50 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Most people fall for the cult routine because they want to belong/ be a part of somthing. Often this is because of a broken home or loss, death, or abandonment of a parent or sibling that caused the family to 'fall apart'. Family counseling can help even with adult children. The goal is to recreate/ rebuild the family and bring that security back to the one in danger of joining a cult.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:13 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• whats the name of the cult?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011