I need to know if anybody thinks its okay??

My DH and I were arguing a few days ago and he threw his bowl of cereal in my face. It pissed me off but it really hurt my feeling.It doesn't take much for me to get mad but he lets his build up than he snaps.I love my DH so much and so do our kids he is one of the best fathers I have met. I just wished I knew a way to help him with his anger issues and advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• It's NOT OK. BTW, if he were really such a good father, he'd find a way to deal with his anger, because that crap is NOT OK.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Oh honey. That would NEVER fly. I noticed you tell us this horrible thing he does, then you make sure to let us know you love him and how great he is. Well throwing a bowl of ceral in your Wifes face because they got into a fight. I would really sit down with him and tell him he has to get some anger management or counceling or something because this is really bad, what happens if the kids see this happen next time?
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 8:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No it isnt ok and that is abuse. Domestic Violence.

Answer by gemgem at 8:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I totally agree with the others above....it's NOT OKAY and among many other things, it's VERY disrespectful to you. I'm not saying your husband is abusive....but that IS abusive. You say you love him and I believe you.....but look at all the women out there who get beat up by their boyfriends or husbands and say the very same thing...get my drift? He needs to go to counseling or some other kind of help OR the both of you could go to marriage counseling. BTW, I was married for many years....am not now....but I've been with my BF for over 6 years. If he did that, he'd be OUT the door before he could even get his hat on. Just my thoughts.
    godfreygirl143

Answer by godfreygirl143 at 8:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You need to talk to your DH asap!, that's not Ok what he did no matter how angry he was, so what every-time he snaps it's going to be Ok for him to throw things in your face? Absolutely not!!!, Put a stop to it now before things get out of hand sweetie & I'm sure you don't want your kids seeing that either.

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• have you addressed this with him?

Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 7:57 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would be livid if my dh ever did that and he knows it. Have you talked about it yet? What does he say?
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 8:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• What he did is not okay. But if you know that you are pushing his buttons, that is not okay either. When I was a young wife, my husband had a problem with anger, and I knew which buttons to push to cause him to explode, so that made me just as guilty as he. There was a reason for his anger, and there is probably a reason for your husband's as well. My husband and I have now been married more than 46 years, and he has learned how to deal with his anger, in large part, because I learned how to help him with that. A big part of marriage is in helping one another to overcome the weaknesses that we all have. My husband, like yours, has always been a wonderful dad and never was angry with the children. It was only directed at me, and I learned that it was due mainly to his having grown up with a very controlling mother, and he tended to see her in me when I did certain things. You do need to set and enforce boundaries!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• He doesn't like talking about it I guess he is ashamed of what he did..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:22 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If my hubby threw cereal in my face I would have threw his Shit out the house. And he needs some anger management seriously.
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 8:29 AM on Jun. 10, 2011