Is he compensating for something??

Okay so my DH is constantly trying to do things for me such as all of the house chores, as well as buying me things and is constantly clingy. He wasn't like this when we first started. As a matter of fact he was a lil bit of the macho type. Now I'm not saying that I don't enjoy this, just that we do have a past of him acting like he's cheated on me and he did used to accuse me of cheating on him all the time. So my question is what if anything is he compensating for because a lot of women complain that they can't get their men to do anything to help them, much less do it for them.

Jeanine

Asked by Jeanine at 11:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I think you are reading way too much into it... have you read too many "my man is cheating" posts? LOL

Anonymous

• enjoy it while you can!
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:50 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Maybe he just grew up? My husband always helped around the house, but he did use to be an ass when we first got married. We were 18, young and stupid. Thankfully, he grew up and is now the most caring husband in the world. And, btw, men "grow up" at all different ages, so even if he is in his 30's, 40's, 50's, etc, he could have still finally grown up.
    sandra1023

Answer by sandra1023 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Tell him you appreciate him and let him know you are always willing to discuss anything that may bother him. Maybe itw will come out if there is but this way you aren't accusing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Whatever you do, don't say "you're doing so much I'm wondering if you're cheating" or he will stop.
    Could be that he just loves you... did you recently have a baby or sick? Or you could ask him what's up and when you find out, let me know so I can work the same magic on my hubby.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 6:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I don't think that helping you out more is a sign of cheating....but usually when someone accuses you of cheating for no reason it's usually their guilt talking. Just trust your gut!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 7:30 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oprah says if you think he has been cheating your gut is usually right. Now I am not trying to put thoughts in your head...but I would enjoy it and keep one eye open just in case...keep tabs on his time away from you...check his cell phone, e-mail etc...if you don't find anything...well then perhaps he is growing up.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2008