What do we think about Abortion?

Yes its time for this topic, I had one when I was 18, its haunted me ever sense, I am 26, pregnant and having the baby. I wonder if I will be able to live with myself for not having the first and having the 2nd.

MissyNewMama

Asked by MissyNewMama at 8:38 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I understand the regret you might feel for having an abortion and now having a baby. I think the best way to look at it is you made the best decision for yourself at that time in your life. Now 8 years later you are making another decision that is best for you. I believe you will be a good mother and you will love your child even more because of the decisions you have made. I personal think that abortion is a choice that someone makes. I understand why women get them for all kinds of reasons and that I have never walked in their shoes so I don't fully understand their situation. I also do not believe in late term abortions although I know that sometimes they are needed to save the mothers life.

I think instead of feeling sad about a decision you made years ago you should embrace the experience you are having now and enjoy your pregnancy and your child. Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• can of wormspopcornWE? I can't and don't speak for others...

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I am pro life, I don't believe in abortion under any circumstance, however I would never bash someone for their decision to have one.

Answer by missanc at 8:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think that it is a private opinion, and I hope you don't get bashed,, its kind of early for this one!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I am pro-choice. Every woman has the right to choose what is best for herself. No one else can make that decision for her...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• IMPO Life begins at conception and conception is not complete until the fertilized egg attaches to the uterus so I have no problem with plan B but I do have a problem with Abortion in general. I do not have a problem with abortion when the mother or the baby's health is in question, this including the mothers mental health in cases such as rape. I do not hold an abortion against anyone though. I am sad it occurred but I could never have made that decision for them and most cases could not have swayed them other wise. IMPO there are just better options...especially now days with the Plan B.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I am pro-life and do not believe in it under any circumstances. I do not bash anyone for making a mistake and having one in the past. Only those that continue to have them over and over thinking it is some kind of birth control.

I am very sorry that you are dealing with this. I have met so many women that have gone through what you are going through, the regret. They should have to tell you before having one that it is a possibility that you may have the regret later on. There are pregnancy crisis centers all over, they are all pro-life, but they will counsel you for free to help you get through this. They will not judge or bash you for your decision before. Just know that everyone makes decisions in their life that they think may be best at the time and we regret later on. There is nothing you can do to change the past. But it is ok, that is what forgiveness is and you need to forgive yourself.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• well i'm pro-choice, so that speaks for itself i guess. and i end my thoughts there... lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think it's a personal and private decision and the government and right-wing nut jobs need to keep their noses out of it and mind their own damn business.

If you think they are murder and wrong, then don't have one, otherwise stop screwing with other women's rights to make their own decisions about their own health care.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:49 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'm so sorry that you are going through this. Here's a group that can help you.  http://www.rachelsvineyard.org/  it's for all who have gone through this journey.

daps

Answer by daps at 8:54 AM on Jun. 10, 2011