My hair looks dull.

What do you use to keep your hair shiny?? I have tired a couple of products that say it will make your hair shiny but never works for me.

I was wondering if I should use the stuff that you put on once a week or something. I can't remember what it was called but it starts with a v.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

jnb71584

Asked by jnb71584 at 8:41 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• It sounds like you might have build up, you need to use a deep cleansing shampoo, like Redken Hair Cleansing Cream at least once a week, and make sure your using the right conditioning products, shine sprays will had shine, but if you have build up they can't over power that! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:43 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• you can do a hot oil treatment that brings back some shine.
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 8:47 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I know this gonna sound odd ball but my aunt taught me to use a can of flat beer and shampoo it afterwards it seems to work I agree with kimi about the build up thing try that first and follow with the beer then again with the kimi idea so it doesn't smell like your hair is drunk LOL
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 8:53 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• do you switch up shampoos? that always helps...

There are many options for you. You can buy sprays or creams that you apply to your hair wet, let it dry & your hair will be shiny. Garnier's sleek & shine works well, but if you have very thin hair....it might not work out so great. It definitely works better on a thick head of hair.

beer does work, it does not have to be flat either. Rinse your hair in beer, put a little shampoo in it & let it sit for a miniute.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• clarifying shampoo once a week
    a vinegar rinse works well too

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It does sound like you need a clarifying shampoo and maybe a deep conditioner. I use a Redken product once a week on my hair and love the results. It brings the bounce and shine back to it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011