Fast snack food on the go!!!

Yesterday, I was running errands with 4 year old LO. She started with I am starving.
I did not want to get her out of seat go in grocery and all. We ended up with apple dippers and ice water from Mc.Ds.
We have a chant we do:
NO PINK SLIME!
NO WHITE GOO!
NO MORE TACO BELL
NO GREASY POLLARD'S CHICKEN!!!

I usually try to carry a snack bag, but had cleaned out the car the day before.

I would love a drive thru health food fast food place. Any solutions out there.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 8:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• There is no -at least around here- totally good option. The place with the best options is Arby's and only on the Market fresh sandwiches not the side dishes. Wendy's has the most good side dish options, baked potatoes, salad, yogurt and oranges. Smoothie king is a good snack option around here. A kids smoothie isn't that bad either in price and while it is loaded with sugar I am sure at least it is real sugar and HFCS and they do add the protein to the kids smoothies at no charge usually.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Keep a cooler in your car or trunk, you can put yogurt, water, fruit, and prepared things. Also keep a loaf of bread and some peanut butter and jelly handy. - maybe some bananas, a batch of trail mix that you throw together for the kids and granola bars.. . it is easy to make up a couple of sandwiches ahead of time and throw them in the cooler.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:06 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I try to keep a few granola bars in my purse for these occasions.  I also keep a bag of snacks in my van.  Next time, replenish immediately when you take out the snacks.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• crackers
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 10:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011