Labor help?

ok guys heres my problem... its a long story so bear with me.. im 39 wks pg. with my 3rd.. yest i began having severe pain at about 12 around 3 i went to the hospital... i was only 1 cm dilated but was having contractions every 2-3 min steady for the 4 hrs they kept me there.. they called them irritability of the uterus which in my head is contractions and said it was dehydration.. they put me on an iv to see if i would get better.. they got worse... but aftr an hr i was still at 1 cm so they sent me home with these contractions.. went home around 8pm am still feeling pain .. i cant sleep sit comfortably but now theyve become erratic... do i go back to the hospital or wait it out..im also convinced they sent me home bc we heard the nurses saying how all the birthing rooms were full.. im afraid to go back in fear they keep me there and just send me home again.. advice please!

zperez0809

Asked by zperez0809 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Go back in. I can't believe they sent you hope with that horrible of contractions...hopefully you are dialated more and they will keep you. Good luck to you and congrats!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Hope-home (sorry spelling error)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Can you call and speak to your dr? I know if there's no room and your labour is not further along then they will send you home. With my second the hospitals in my area were all full. My dr said she would meet me at the hospital to do an exam and see how far along I was. My water had only broken, no labour yet. She did a stretch and sweep, which she's apparently not allowed to do it the hospital if full like that. So it was our secret and we were admitted.
    Good luck to you, try talking with your dr!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Amanda has a good point. Do try that :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i would but my dr conveniently had a knee surgery yesterday.. im gonna try and see if hes in today.. but this is my luck
    zperez0809

Comment by zperez0809 (original poster) at 9:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• How far apart are your contractions and how strong are they? Can you talk through them still? My OB always told me to come in when they were 3-5 mins apart and I couldn't walk or talk through them. When I got to that point I went in and was dialated for a 4/5. Of course everyone labor is different, but it is a good way to judge. If they do send you home walk around the hospital instead. If you aren't quite 3-5 min and can still walk and talk through them walk around your house, squat down with each contraction until you get to that point. Hope that helps.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Too bad you don't have a doula.
    Who is there & available to help you?
    Sounds prodromal...
    Work on the things that help alleviate contractions for now and see how it all goes~
    good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:30 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Usually they do not admit you until you are a 4/5 at least that has been my experience, no matter what the contractions are like. If they are sporadic I would either try to alleviate them as doulala said or try some walking or something like that to get things going more.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:07 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• is there another ob that youve seen thats in practice with your ob?? mayb call them too if you cant get your doc ..how far along are you now?? sry i was a lil confused bout that...best of luck id keep going back until thy took me seriously..gl
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 10:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'd go back. They will find room for you if you need to deliver. (Do you want to see if nipple stimulation will get things moving so they will admit and deliver?)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2011