My 1 year old has long feet. I am having trouble finding her shoes that fit well.

She has 7 pair of shoes. The only ones that fit are the soft sole pedi peds. Normal shoes are very wide. Does anybody know of a special store to buy shoes for long feet? She doesnt have chunky/bulky feet like a lot of babies/toddlers. That is the shoe dellima. She takes after her dads side of the family!

surfgrl60

Asked by surfgrl60 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you been to Stride Rite? They are usually really good about fitting little feet and spending the time to make sure that the shoes fit well.

Answer by missanc at 9:01 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I am not sure if we have one.
    surfgrl60

Comment by surfgrl60 (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I had that problem and still do with my oldest. Her feet are long, but very thin. I always had good luck at Khols and stride rite.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I have a Kohls down the street. I never go because I assumed it was VERY expensive, But have been told otherwise... I will have to se if we have a stride rite though.
    surfgrl60

Comment by surfgrl60 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I have this problem with my daughter as well...

she gets it from my husband who wears a size 18 shoe !!!!

at 2 months old she was going into a size 4 ! ...

But we also have the same problem because her feet are sooo skinny, at a time i actually thought something was wrong, because they were so skiiny they almost looked deformed ( her DR said they were fine but just keep monortering them) ...

Anyways, we live in a small area and it is hard to find "special things" ... sometimes we just made due ( I remember having to put extra socks on her ) ...

but now she is 5 ( and in size 2 )and as she gets bigger her feet seem to widen , and now we dont have that much of a problem finding shoes...

2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:02 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You just described my daughters foot problems to a tee. Unfortunately I still have not found a shoe store that carries narrow kids shoes. I have found that Nikes tend to run more narrow than others. If you buy only the lace up ones you can help by lacing them tighter. I have also resorted to buying thicker socks to help take up the space. I also always have my DD walk around the shoe department in the new shoes , so I can see if they slip in the heel, before we buy them. Hope it helps.
    Sarahflagstaff

Answer by Sarahflagstaff at 3:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011