First Ultrasound Tomorrow

I have my first ultra sound tomorrow and I'm really excited to find out how far along I am exactly. I was wondering about how long it lasts during the exam and is my finance aloud to come to the first visit (They didn't say in the office or on the paper)?

cantwait071909

Asked by cantwait071909 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your fiance can most certainly go, that baby is his :)

If you are under eight weeks expect a short ultrasound, maybe 15 minutes if you are lucky. The ultrasounds tend to get longer the further you get along in your pregnancy because there are more parts and things to checkout and measure.

I hope you are far enough along to see the little heartbeat. It is a miracle, it really is!

Good luck and best wishes :)
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• All doctors care the most about the pregnant mother and they encourage your spouse or partner to be there for your support most of all, also if this is the first visit they will want to know both of your health historys anyway so he should go too. The visit wasn't too long though it was like a pap smear with alot of questions and pictures of your baby.
    mommymomo07

Answer by mommymomo07 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Of course he can tag along with you to your ultrasound. My hubby went with me to EVERY single appt. I had with my first pregnancy. Be prepared to tear up a little. I know I did!

Hope you get to see everything and hope all is well! =)
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I think all the questions were answered but I just wanted to say congrats. That is a moment that hubby and I will never forget. We showed off that little picture like it was the winning lottery ticket.LOL
    ZakZaksmom

Answer by ZakZaksmom at 12:40 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Good luck tomorrow and I will pray for you and your baby daddy(lol, hahahaha) i have always wanted to say that? This will be the first time you get to see what you and he made, this is the most special day you guys will have together enjoy it and make it last. May God bless u and your new small family! BRee
    jesussaves424

Answer by jesussaves424 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Oh I loved the first ultrasound. It's so exciting when you actually see that something is in there. Good luck, doll!
    beforeyoureyes

Answer by beforeyoureyes at 1:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My first was fun, DH and I both teared up.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Definitely bring the fiance!! It's such a magical moment to see that little heartbeat, and you'll be happy to share that moment with him. That first appointment, including ultrasound, lasted about 20 minutes or so for me.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:06 AM on Dec. 11, 2008